Monday, September 2, 2013

John F. West b. abt 1880 was in Randolph Co., Arkansas 1903


John F. West b. abt. 1880

John or at least his wife Emaline was in Maynard, Randolph Co., Arkansas when their son Oscar was born 30 Nov 1902/03.  Help us find out more about this family and John's ancestors. 

Below is a note from Pauline on her line that matches Group #5 Little is known about her line, she only goes back to her grandfather, John F. West! Let us help her go back a few more generations or more. I found the Find-A-Grave post for Oscar (this branch is the newest to be done for our group):

"I read the article in today's Post Dispatch. My father, Oscar Lee West, was born in Maynard, Arkansas , 11-30-1903, died 03-07-1960. His father was John F. West, mother was Emaline West. He married my mother Ruby Mitchell October 1927. I was born 02-20-28. They were divorced in 1932. He remarried 04-19-1932. My mother was remarried that same month.

I never knew my father. Earlier this year I was able to contact his children Clifford and Geneva (Geffers) in Galesburg, Ill. They know nothing about the West family other than the immediate members.

I would like to find information regarding where my father's family originated. With this small amount of information can you suggest a course of action."

Pauline
**********************
From Find-A-Grave [JGW]

Oscar L. West
Birth: Nov. 30, 1902
Death: Mar. 4, 1960

Family links:
Spouse: Dora E. Spitzig West (1912 - 2001)

Burial: Maynard Cemetery
Maynard, Randolph County, Arkansas, USA

Created by: Susie & Rod Smith
Record added: May 03, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 89535981

1 comment:

  1. I have traced this line back through U.S. Census records and believe I have John F. West father as: William West and go back to Green and finally to Reuben West b. abt 1765 in NC. It appears he was in Lincoln Co., NC in the early 1800's. This is all that I have for now. Anyone is welcome to grab the baton and check all of this out and see how Reuben connects to Thomas West, Sr. I think he is a son or grandson.

    ReplyDelete